March 2, 2017
• On Valentine’s Day every year, there are at least
36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolates sold.
• On average, men spend double the amount of
money on Valentine`s Day gifts than women spend.
The average amount a man spends is $130.
• There are enough candy hearts made each year
to stretch from Valentine, Arizona to Rome, Italy,
and back again. The number of these candy hearts
produced is approximately 8 billion.
• There are approximately 50 million roses given on
Valentine`s Day around the world.
• Women tend to buy approximately 85% of all the
Valentine`s Day cards sold.
• Valentine`s Day is the second most popular day of
the year for sending cards, second only to Christmas.